New Year, New You, New Home? Not ready to buy or sell just yet? Looking to Upgrade your home? Don’t worry, We have the perfect plan for you, with a combined list of 2018’s To Do and To Ditch. It’s time to experiment with color, sustainability, and creativity.
- Brass, Bronze, and Gold fixtures are back in- play around with bathroom hardware, lighting, and decor
- BOLD color- not ready to make a wall mauve, throw in some accent pillows and fresh flowers
- Sink or swim- 2018 is the year of sinks, so dive in with stone, copper, granite, or even a trough bronze bucket sink
- Shipwreck! Embrace the rustic feel with some ship lap in ding or living space
- Stainless steel was so 2014, change it up with Black Stainless Steel for an upgraded sleek look
- Out with plain white tile- experiment with color and statement tile in the bathrooms
- Smart Technology- surround sound speakers, app controlling devices for lighting- the world is becoming innovative and so should your home
- Small gardens- whether its fruit, vegetables, or herbs- nothing is tastier or more ascetically pleasing than a home garden
- Dry Bars- bring out the barista in you
- 2018 is the year of you- declutter bedrooms into your humble abode- keep it neutral with minimal accents of soothing colors such as greens and lavender
- It’s time to get Eco-Friendly People- small changes to our toilets to bigger changes like solar panels need to be implemented
- Those Bold colors mentioned earlier- exaggerate in the kitchen- whether its mats, backsplash, or wall color- the kitchen is where art is made- so make it state of the art
- Statement Lighting- soft gold, industrial, vintage Edison, Art Deco- just remember cleaner lines but the bigger the better.
- Wabi Sabi- appreciate imperfection with wrinkled linens and homemade pottery. At the end of the day this is your home, not a museum- imperfection is beautiful.
- Tropical and Chevron Prints
- Cacti out, color in
- White on White
- Farmhouse kitchen
- Overdone Tuscan living
- Rose Gold